Gareth's Falafel Burgers
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- garlic clove, chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- toasted pitta bread
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, spices, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with toasted pittas, tomato salsa and a green salad.